StructurePoint is a group of motivated, independent individuals with varied interests, education, and experience levels. As the Portland Cement Association (PCA) Software Group from 1957 to 2007, we continue to develop, publish and support engineering software and perform consulting services for the construction industry.
A position here is tailored to utilize your capabilities to their full extent, not limited by a title. StructurePoint personnel work on self-guided assignments while remaining in constant collaboration with the entire team. We encourage all of our employees to be prolific in a wide-range of responsibilities. You will have the freedom to flourish in your opportunities, with direction when needed. If you would thrive in a dynamic small-business environment, we encourage you to apply. Openings are listed below.
To be considered, please send a Cover Letter with your Resume to HR@Structurepoint.org
StructurePoint is currently seeking a Marketing/Operations Coordinator with a Business/Marketing degree to support, market and promote StructurePoint Engineering software to engineers in the construction industry by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns, tracking customer data, maintaining promotional materials inventory, planning seminars, meetings and trade shows, maintaining databases, and preparing informational reports.
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing customer records, preparing marketing and advertising strategies, and planning and organizing promotional materials.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing customer data.
- Support operations staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information, and relaying customer service requests
- Research competition by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising, in addition to maintaining a research database.
- Plan meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establish contacts, develop schedules and assignments, and coordinate mailing lists.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Stay up to date with industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities or reading and analyzing trade publications.
- Develop and explore business opportunities through prospecting and nurturing leads.
- Explore opportunities to add value to personal duties.
- Knowledge of Spanish or other languages, is useful but not required.
- Flexible and willing to perform varying projects in an active and fast-paced customer-oriented environment.
- Strong abilities in written and spoken communication.
- GPA of 3.00 or higher.
StructurePoint is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor with a degree in Business/Marketing or a related field. Operations scope entails developing, growing, and maintaining strong and lasting customer relationships. Position is responsible for supporting customer inquiries about software features, pricing, licensing, installation, upgrades, including IT related questions and overseeing banking and financial transactions. StructurePoint customer base spans the entire globe with demanding and challenging cultural, language, documentation, and servicing requirements.
- A four year degree in business/marketing or a field related to technical sales and customer service
- Four years of prior work experience related to technical sales, customer service and support
- Strong knowledge of computers and accessories with working knowledge of software and hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Flexible, disciplined, organized and able to analyze and resolve issues in an active and fast-paced customer-oriented environment
- Strong abilities in written and verbal communication. Spanish, French, and/or Arabic are a plus but not required
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment as needed
Work in a small dynamic team and be involved in various stages of the software development process including: requirement gathering, requirement analysis, prototyping of concepts through proof of concept, development of source code, development and execution of test plans.
- Understand high level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs, and architectures
- Responsible for designing and implementing applications based on a varying degree of functional specifications
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews with other software and structural engineers
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments
- Perform a team-lead role effectively managing multiple priorities for a team of software developers
- Facilitate and guide initiatives for improving development processes
- Perform mentoring and peer reviews
- Work with other teams members effectively and with minimal supervision
- Be able to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
- M.S. degree in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience
- Well versed in: object oriented programming concepts and object oriented design principles, software design patterns, software development processes including agile, C++ and C#, TFS, and MS Visual Studio
- Excellent communication and team-work skills
- Independent and self-motivated
Work in a small dynamic team and be involved in the development, testing, and support of a suite of concrete design software programs for analysis and design of reinforced concrete buildings and structures using ACI 318 and CSA A23.3 building standards.
- Work with StructurePoint software users to develop analytical models, resolve technical inquiries, explain code provisions for reinforced concrete structures
- Develop validation and verification problems and design examples to support our internal testing, quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Coordinate beta testing of upgraded software with StructurePoint software users
- Assist in developing engineering and scientific software procedures for the analysis and design of reinforced concrete structures
- Maintain and update software manuals for technical support, computer programs, website FAQs and marketing guides
- Educate engineering and academic institutions in StructurePoint programs and features
- Participate in StructurePoint engineering projects and consulting services
- BS or MS in Structural Engineering
- 1 year of experience in reinforced concrete analysis and design of commercial buildings and structures is preferred
- Specific working experience in structural concrete design procedures in accordance with ACI and/or CSA standards
- Specific working experience in PCA/StructurePoint software programs, namely spSlab and spMats
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including technical writing